Theatre Arts Course
A Theatre Arts course designed to be the first stage in your performing career
The Theatre Arts Course at Tring Park is designed to give pupils aged 11-14 a full range of vocational skills together with a solid grounding in the Performing Arts.
Pupils on the Theatre Arts Course take part in technique classes, workshops and performances, learning a broad range of skills in a variety of settings.
When pupils have completed the Theatre Arts Course, they are well equipped with the core skills needed to move through the School to the Performance Foundation Course, before progressing to either the Drama or Musical Theatre Courses in the Sixth Form.
Helping you reach your potential
Our Theatre Arts Course is delivered by a dynamic and dedicated teaching team. Through regular assessment and teacher-pupil feedback, the Theatre Arts course at Tring Park ensures each individual is stretched to achieve their potential.
Our Theatre Arts Course provides a solid grounding in the core acting techniques including:
- Improvisation and devising classes, developing pupils' creative potential
- Voice classes and the chance to take LAMDA exams
- Exploring physicality and character development
Classes aim to build confidence and increase presentation skills, with a strong focus on consolidating the basic techniques required as an actor.
Our Theatre Arts Course gives pupils a thorough training in dance, one of the core skills of a professional performer. The Course includes:
- Classes in Classical Ballet, Modern and Tap, working on technique and presentation
- Conditioning classes to develop pupils' fitness and stamina
- Musical Theatre work and performance skills
Our Theatre Arts Course includes comprehensive training in singing:
- Estill voice classes to promote healthy voice use and develop technique
- Group singing classes to improve ear training and harmony work
- Solo singing assessments to develop presentation skills and acting through song
- Live public performances - a chance to shine on stage
Pupils participate in projects throughout the year which may involve musical or classical theatre or devised work, often resulting in a public performance.
All pupils on the course work towards a large scale production in the School's Markova Theatre in March. Recent shows have included Cinderella, Honk, Seussical the Musical, A Midsummer Nights Dream, Bugsy Malone and On This Island.
For more information please contact: Head of Theatre Arts, Elizabeth Odell: email@example.com Tel. 01442 821658.